There are newer employer reviews for Unisys

Engineering Manager

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Unisys full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

CEO is not good. Took company from $11 bil/ year to 3 bil/year

717 Other Employee Reviews for Unisys (View Most Recent)

Love my job but am not sure how long before it is moved to India!

Current Employee - Analyst in Bismarck, ND
    Current Employee - Analyst in Bismarck, ND

I have been working at Unisys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours - It is not a problem if I need to leave early or come in later for an appointment. I am happy to see the new emphasis on global culture.

Cons

1)The workload continues to increase but the pay does not. 2) No room for advancement. 3)Outsourcing US jobs to Bangalore is priority. 4)There is a lot of finger pointing when things go wrong and not enough accountability.

Listen to your people. Many talented employees have either left or been laid off because corporate appears to care more for the bottom line than it does its employees.

Worked there for 3 years, where it did get me good experience, the company treats you like crap..

Former Employee - Team Supervisor in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Team Supervisor in Rochester, NY

I worked at Unisys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a good place to start if you haven't had any professional jobs yet.. in my case it was the empty promises that kept me there for 3 years.. 3 "promotions" resulted in less pay than my first year as help desk agent, this is where I realized the job was a dead end, and moved on..
    I did very much enjoy the people I worked with and in my first position i was allowed a lot of overtime, which resulted in a nice paycheck..

Cons

Management.. Unisys is a cut-throat place that will hire people solely to lay 50% of them off in a few months. I was told many times to "just disable the access cards" of the contractors that we had hired.. they would not get ANY notifications or talks... some day their access card would just stop working and they would be told they were fired.. very disrespectful!. Personally I had given my 2 weeks notice, on my 2nd last day i found my workstation to be cleared and desk to be empty, they had already redistributed my equipment before I was even done with my 2 weeks time.. at least my access still worked... The pay also seems to be going down, rather than up by constantly raising the incentive levels...

treat the "working" people with respect.. they're the ones earning the money...

There are newer employer reviews for Unisys