There are newer employer reviews for Unisys

Level 1 Service Desk Agent

Former Employee - Level I Service Desk Agent  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Level I Service Desk Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Unisys full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay and bonus structure was far better than most call centers. Sem-casual environment and good supervisors. Overall, the pay was the best part.

Cons

They tightened up on internet usage policies; strictly enforcing that there was absolutely no internet usage unless it was on a call to resolve a technical issue. Even when there were no calls and you just wanted to google something, you couldn't.

Don't let your sup's take privileges denied to your other employees. It was a bit frustrating to see my supervisor streaming Pandora when I couldn't even email my wife to let her know what time I would be home. Be realistic about the internet usage expectations; there are plenty of legitimate reasons why one would surf the web during work.

701 Other Employee Reviews for Unisys (View Most Recent)

Never had a worse job

Former Employee - Onsite Technician  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Onsite Technician in Dallas, TX

I worked at Unisys as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

They provide the DELL training. Thats all.

Cons

Use your own vehicle untill you or it are dead. Extreamly low compensation, upwards of 25,000/year

Just give up and find employment with your local grocery store. Management is over 1000 miles away and does not care about there employees.

Experience has been very stagnant.

I have been working at Unisys

Pros

They have implemented a performance based earnings system where you get paid by how well you perform. They also provide relevant training to employees depending on their job roles

Cons

There's no room for growth, and benefits have been revoked. Tuition re-imbursement is no more and the company would rather hire from outside the company to fill in a position that promote from within. Its an unethical way to save the company money.

Management is to heavy and manage from remote locations. Best management practice stipulates efficiency and effectiveness starts with the project lead being onsite with team members. There are a lot of unseasoned managers who have risen over the years, but have old ideas and mentality, with lacking formal education. Managers are self centered and care only about themselves. They don't provide path way for growth of their subordinates.

There are newer employer reviews for Unisys

Worked for Unisys? Contribute to the Community!