There are newer employer reviews for Unisys

Still working thought a re-org

Current Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Chantilly, VA
Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Unisys as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Lots of talent within the company--at least the teams I interacted with. Everyone seems very knowledgeable in their areas of expertise. Management has upheld its word and promises and has been honest and up-front with both the good and the bad news.

Cons

Inter-team and intra-team communication is often lacking, and there have been times when no one seems to want to stand up and own a system/device/process.

The "try-before-you-buy" sub-contracting setup can be quite frustrating to new hires and, often, good people are lost because of that frustration. At the same time, some direct hiring does seem to take place and isn't always "spot-on" for skill matches, personality matches, or other factors. There doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason why one person is hired directly while another is brought on as a sub-contractor in a "try-first" situation. I'd recommend that it be all or nothing with the hiring process--either everyone needs to be hired on from sub-contractor status, or hiring needs to be direct for all. I wouldn't call the current setup "discrimination", but certainly is lacking in effectiveness.

699 Other Employee Reviews for Unisys (View Most Recent)

Working @ Unisys

Current Employee - Engagement Manager  in  Blue Bell, PA
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Blue Bell, PA

I have been working at Unisys full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work / life balance, plenty of training opportunities, generally good coworkers

Cons

Little opportunity for advancement, pay raises have been frozen for over five years, poor 401k

Generate more revenue opportunities

Great entry level job experience and flexibility, terrible business practices overall.

Current Employee - Senior Field Technician and Trainer  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Field Technician and Trainer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Unisys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy going, flexible, hire anybody it seems. Two weeks notice declined so I have two weeks of vacation yay!

Cons

Pay was terrible, being the lowest bidding contractor it reflects back to it's employees.
    They will use you and push you and use you some more in the most in-efficient practices I've ever taken part of.
    Super politically correct management.
    Very very hard to get assistance with benefits, pay checks, and any other back end support especially if you are remote.
    Poor recognition for their high performing workers, and they are blind to see the poor performing members of the team and let them continue to just float around.

Congratulations for making management and contributing to continued unethical business practices skimming through loopholes and barely legal exceptions.

There are newer employer reviews for Unisys

Worked for Unisys? Contribute to the Community!