Unisys

There are newer employer reviews for Unisys

Mostly enjoyed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Unisys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to work with.

Cons

No job security due to layoffs.

layoffs should start at the top.

746 Other Employee Reviews for Unisys (View Most Recent)

Experience at Unisys

I worked at Unisys

Pros

Long Term contract, supportive initially but not over a period of time

Cons

disconnect from headquarters, no bench time, no support after contract ends

Horrible schedules, poor pay, and non-existent benifiets

Current Employee - On-Site Repair Technician (Dell Project) in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - On-Site Repair Technician (Dell Project) in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Unisys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers were friendly, got to explore the area

Cons

The pay is poor for the type of work required (I made just over $30,000/yr flat on average and some of the new-hired co-workers make as little as $24,000/yr), and the benefits are terrible. Your health coverage has a $1700 deductible, making it literally useless for all basic medical coverage. I’ve only seen ONE raise in the entire time I’ve worked with this company, and if anything, it seems I am getting paid LESS then when I first started. Also, you will put ALLOT of miles, wear and tear, and damage on your OWN car (Unisys provides no company vehicle) which you have to pay out of pocket. In two years’ time, I’ve put 48,800 miles on my car. Unisys only covers gas mileage (which is below average on price per mile) and parking.

Also, THE largest issues with this position is the program they use for creating the routes for your repair stops, called "Click Schedule" (the interface we use for it is called "SRMS"). It is HORRID at doing what its designed for, creating schedules. I have a feeling the creators of this program would be laughed out of the room if they presented this any other company. It has literally sent me in routes that sent me in circles more than once. Its also sent me to locations 50 or more miles away from every other service route and then 50 miles back to the area I just came from. It has even once made my first and last stop of the day 2 miles from each other. It will also commonly sends two technicians to the same exact location. This system also clearly does not care about mileage, despite it supposed to keep track of it. And the list of massive problems with Click Schedule just go on and on. This is something you shouldn't ever a muti-billion dollar company is using, yet they have been using the system since 2002 and show no signs moving to another, FAR more efficient program. This program should be thrown out, or we should make our own schedules and not have to rely on this program.

It also gives an amount of repairs that only a tech-equivalent of Superman could ever dream of completing. For some of my co-workers, 10 or more stop schedules are quite common and usually include the same routing mess as above, and can include complex to repair systems that take well over an hour to complete. Allot of these customers tend to have a narrow window of availability (something Dell and Click Schedule don’t always get), which leads to us constantly playing a non-stop game of beat the clock. This of course leads to us having to reschedule a high number of appointment on a daily basis, which can easily lead to upset customers. It can also give an ETA time of as little as 30 minutes to go between repairs, regardless of the system and mileage (it has expected me to go 50 miles down country roads and complete a stop in less than 30 min before). Its expectations the majority of the time are super unrealistic if you’re a human being.

However, upper management treats it as if this program has no fault, and tries to force us to follow its horrible routes in the order it gives, with very few exceptions majority of the time. The managers tend ignore any emails or texts about attempting to change Click Schedules errors, and we sometimes get complaints for not being able to live up to Click Schedule's unrealistic expectations or deciding to not follow its schedule in order because it makes more sense economically and logically to not follow the order it has laid out.

Change the scheduling system to something far more efficient, hire local managers who understand the area, be more willing to change the schedules if poorly laid out, give employees raises and better benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for Unisys