There are newer employer reviews for Unisys

Will work you 'till you drop

Former Employee - Transaction Processor II  in  Bismarck, ND
Former Employee - Transaction Processor II in Bismarck, ND

I worked at Unisys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent benefits. Flexible. Nice coworkers.

Cons

Low pay. Unorganized upper management. Long hours.

701 Other Employee Reviews for Unisys (View Most Recent)

Slow moving company, no ladders to advancement

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Unisys full-time

Pros

Relatively Stable business in their core areas of strength. They have long-standing entrenched positions with key clients in certain marketplaces

Great place to work if you are tech specialist and want to do the same job for many years.

Cons

There is almost no formal path to career advancement. You bring skills with you, develop them almost entirely on your own, and then you are jettisoned when there is no longer fit. There is little culture for mentorship and stewardship. You need to land on the right set of leaders to advance.

Extremely siloed. UIS is trying get more agile create cross-functional teams to get into emerging market spaces, but some of the personnel has been entrenched for 20+ years and have incentive or inclination to adapt.

HR and talent management is not in-line with where the company claims it wants to go. In my project experience of trying work across business units to deliver projects, it's a bunch of "buck-passers" with far too few engaged team members.

Driven way too hard for such little pay and benefits

Former Employee - Account Supervisor  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Unisys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really want to write something nice but I can't think of anything.

Cons

I was hired and promoted several times throughout the company but each position was way too demanding. Literally working until midnight then sleep for 2 hours and back to work, because of the employees that were under me walked off the job because of the stress and poor management. This happened on more than one ocasion. I was told I was too young to be in such a high position and was utltimately forced out of the company because there were older people that felt threatened about their jobs. They never listened to any of the new ideas that I brought to the table. I had to pay out of my own personal money to get employees to stay and work at Unisys because they wouldn't approve of bonuses other than a measly $25 or movie ticket for a job well done. I've seen the way internal management is and I am appalled and stunned that these kind of bottom feeders are still in business.

Get to know your managers and employees. Quit making them work 18 hour shifts. I would have stayed in the company if they wouldn't have treated me so very poorly along with HR treating my employees so poorly.

There are newer employer reviews for Unisys

Worked for Unisys? Contribute to the Community!