There are newer employer reviews for Unisys

Overall positive, but information needed to perform job can be hard to come by, especially for new employees.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Unisys full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good health benefits and schedule flexibility, promoting work-life balance.

Cons

Not enough support from upper management, which makes it difficult to implement improvements in processes and procedures for their employees.

reviews filtered by
  1. After many ups and downs seems to be headed in the right direction

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Roseville, MN

I have been working at Unisys full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Local management is very supportive. Current senior management seems to have vision. This was not the case for much of the last 15 years.

Cons

Suffers from many of the same maladies as the rest of the computer industry. It is always a struggle to find the right product and a way to sell it.

Make sure the upper management is chosen and kept by performance, not by whom the know.

2. I made a bad decision joining this company.

I have been working at Unisys full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Unisys is a good place for someone that will have the time to learn. lot's of training material available online for those who want to expand their knowledge. lot's of material on the internal web sites. lot's of programs to explore. But Managers will not give you the time of day.

Cons

Horrible place to work. Leaders don't care and works you to death. 70 hours weeks are the norm. I have been exposed to a handful of clients in the central region; it seems that none of these clients are happy with the services that Unisys is providing. The managers thinks by introducing a new face, they solved the problems and keep the client of their back. Here is your "Savior" I am sure these clients are looking to drop us. I seen one or two already do so in the last few months. The leadership team I am working with are super EXTRA MICRO Managers (Don't know how else I can describe them). they will not let anyone do what is right. Paper work night mare; way too many daily, weekly and monthly reports to only make the manager looks good. Same report is produced 10 different ways and still do not like it if they sees a red dot. We don't have time to manage the customer, we have to manage the managers expectations. They lie to clients about capabilities that they have and expect the team to drop "Manure" to cover it. I am very surprised how behind this company with customer service capabilities.

CEO needs to evaluate some of these managers. They are the worst I have seen when dealing with people. HR needs to get engaged and work with the employees. I am surprised they don't have few law suits on their hands. or Maybe they do ! how would I know.

There are newer employer reviews for Unisys