There are newer employer reviews for Unisys

A great job opportunity to grow and to learn while going to school along with very interesting career opportunities

Current Employee - Summer Intern  in  Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Summer Intern in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Unisys as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, friendly work environment, interesting and enjoyable work, great work ethic, opportunities to grow and work closely with senior engineers

Cons

Working with rather old technology

If there were one thing that I'd change about the workplace it'd be to work towards eliminating the gap in employee age groups. Currently there are 2 clear age groups, with very few in-between.

700 Other Employee Reviews for Unisys (View Most Recent)

The work was great. Management . . . no so good.

I worked at Unisys full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I got to work on state systems, federal agencies servers and other important equipment.

Cons

Management is located in other states and not familar with living costs when they cut salaries 15% and reduced gas allowances below federal guidelines. Management did not take the same paycut. Reviews are poorly formated and health coverage is minimal.

Technicians are your best foot forward. If you treat them like crap, it will reflect to your customers and badly on the company. It reflects badly in Italy, the Asia Pacific area, and now in the US.

YOU WERE NOTICED- Coming from a former "Top Performer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Unisys full-time

Pros

I was consistently rated as a top performer and laid off without notice.

Cons

Off the cuff remarks below but if I really tried, I could expand on this area immensely. This organization is going through very difficult times and has implemented (from my perspective) severe cost saving measures to stay afloat. This includes:

- Hiring for your rolodex and then expect to be terminated.

- Coffee makers removed as a cost saving effort.

- Styrofoam cups removed as a cost saving effort. The executive team recommends that if you have a client visiting the office, bring a mug from home for their use (not a joke).

- Layoffs occurring throughout the organization and without notice. I have witnessed several hundred occur at all levels of the organization over the last few months. Typically, you show up for work and your badge and laptop is confiscated with no explanation or advance notice leaving you in the unemployment line.

- There is no promotion potential, nor a promotion process or career paths. Once you’re on board, any career movement is "lateral", without an increase, even if your title/ responsibilities are expanded.

- There are no pay raises....at all. The only route to a pay raise is an "unplanned salary action" which usually requires a threat to resign, even then its very difficult.

- There are no bonuses unless you are an executive, nothing.

- While we are on the executives..they are very arrogant and pompous. They all have their initials embroidered on their shirt sleeves, drive sports cars and sign pink slips if you’re not billable like it’s going out of style.

- Benefit plans recently changed, Unisys executives blamed it on Obamacare but really initiated as a cost saving effort... if you have a family stay away as it is very expensive.

- Executives realize Unisys is going through tough times, in fact...the President advised it is best to "keep your head down and keep working" at a recent all employee town hall.

Take a serious look at the way you are treating your employees. People will only "keep their heads down" so long.

There are newer employer reviews for Unisys

Worked for Unisys? Contribute to the Community!