Unisys

Unisys Employment

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA

I have been working at Unisys

Pros

Competent technical staff and co-workers. Challenging and stable work. Ability to work at home.

Cons

No matching 401(k) contributions. Company has been in a 'turnaround' status for 10 years now. Being an older company, there are some number of people who still come to work but are actually 'retired' if you know what I mean.

It appears that the new president may actually be making some headway in making the company profitable and sustainable. I wish him well.

787 Other Employee Reviews for Unisys (View Most Recent)

Ok company to work for.

Former Employee - Client Infrastructure Representative in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Client Infrastructure Representative in Hartford, CT

I worked at Unisys

Pros

Early in my career (15-20 years ago it was a good/very good situation). Training, mentoring
    etc. was there. As company merged with another large computer maker things got
    increasingly difficult. Company had many financial issues ,10-12 rounds of layoffs in
    last 10 years or so. Division I worked for (payment systems) was recently sold.

Cons

As I worked field service the major downside was 2nd/3rd shift service calls. Also I had
    an incompetent manager for about 5 years.

Now that financial issues are starting to be resolved you need to really listen to
    lower/mid-level employees. Many people will not stay at Unisys if jobs are readily
    availible.

The Big U Is Not For You.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I have been working at Unisys

Pros

can be a flexible work environment. Easy to manipulate technology if you're in IT. Most of your fellow coworkers are good people.

Cons

Local senior management does not disclose information to employees. Unisys is a reactive instead of proactive environment, requiring people to work weekends/nights/holidays and then not compensate for time. NO raises for two years, yet responsibilities continue to mount up.

grow some balls, pay people what they are worth.

There are newer employer reviews for Unisys