Unisys

Paid for Performance

Former Employee - Technical Writer II in Roseville, MN
Former Employee - Technical Writer II in Roseville, MN

I worked at Unisys

Pros

If you were good at your job, the Product Information Group in Roseville was a decent place to work (layoffs have crippled the group now), and apparently other US sites were also good. Pay was decent and time off easy to come by as long as you were on schedule with your work. The immediate managers were easy to get along with and there was good comradery among the fellow workers. Many did not realize how good the company benefits package was.

Cons

Hard times took a heavy toll on all but senior management. Still a rift between Burroughs and Sperry die-hards, which causes resentment on both sides.

Stop worrying about the stock price, you have bigger problems to address. Stop laying off the workers and get rid of the senior managers who caused the problems.

814 Other Employee Reviews for Unisys (View Most Recent)

it was ok at unisys, but they are unorganized

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Unisys

Pros

good pay and understanding bosses who don't interfere much. I got sick and they let me fly home wihtout hassle.

Cons

long hours and no structure or organization. They sent me to a site then expected me to not be jet lagged the next day at work. It was overseas

get your act together and decide what you want to do before you send everybody al over the place. Somebody should have thought things through

Do you want to simply fill a chair?

Former Employee - IT Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at Unisys

Pros

The pitch made was quite strong. You will be part of a team, the door is always open, we have these projects lined up, lots to do. Nice folks, probably believed the pitch when they made it.

Cons

Subcontractor to a subcontractor relationship. No control over employee's duties, no impact on projects, and supervisors were really not in the technical hierarchy for the position they hired for. Job was a chance to have another contract worker, plain and simple.
    After being hired the only thing anyone at Unisys talked to me about was filling out my timesheet.
    Was put to work in a badly disorganized department headed by an incompetent.

Take care to remain relevant to your own employees. Don't send them off to work with someone who has no motivation to use their talents. Most importantly if someone is supposed to be their immediate superior within Unisys, have them do more than stop and chat about current events once every six months.

There are newer employer reviews for Unisys