United Airlines

www.united.com
  www.united.com
There are newer employer reviews for United Airlines

United is a terrible place to work - run away, run away!

Current Employee - First Officer (copilot), Boeing 777 in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - First Officer (copilot), Boeing 777 in Chicago, IL

I have been working at United Airlines

Pros

If you are single, there are some opportunities for space-available travel with a surcharge. Frequently, the surcharge is as much as an economy ticket, though. If you have a family and are trying to travel, there frequently isn't enough space available to get all of you onboard. Most employees pay full fare to fly on Southwest or Jet Blue so as to have a confirmed seat.

Cons

Terrible upper management; middle-management bloat; lack of communication at all levels within the corporation; CEO says 'employee morale is not my concern'; employees gave back 48% in wages\/benefits but CEO took a $39.6M compensation package in 2006. Pension terminated in 2006.

Reduce your pay; give back to the employees. Show labor some respect. Listen to input from the front-line workers. Make reparations to the employees who have lost their pensions.

685 Other Employee Reviews for United Airlines (View Most Recent)

New management needed

Current Employee - Airplane Pilot Or Copilot in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Airplane Pilot Or Copilot in Chicago, IL

I have been working at United Airlines

Pros

Travel while on the job. Traveling with your family on passes, however, is extremely difficult.

Cons

The hardest part is watching senior management rake in millions of dollars while most of the other employees are suffering. Management rules with an iron fist so they can get their bonuses. We have the best route structure in the industry and yet management is squandering it all to fill their pockets.

If you treat employees with respect then they will treat our customers better. This will improve the bottom line far more than cutting aircraft and our route structure. We could be the greatest airline in the world with better management.

Competent employees - Incompetent mangement

Current Employee - RSM in SeaTac, WA
    Current Employee - RSM in SeaTac, WA

I have been working at United Airlines

Pros

Travel benefits, other great people to work with.

Cons

Incompetent management from top to bottom, lack of respect for employees' hard work and sacrifices

Put some airline people in charge! Go back to running an airline rather then just worring about shareholdler value. We need to provide excellent service to our customers and stop "taxing" them.

There are newer employer reviews for United Airlines