United Airlines

Good

Current Employee - Ramp Service in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Ramp Service in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at United Airlines

Pros

Great Bennie, face pace work set. Flexibility with schedule. Everything is good about it. No if and buts or maybe.

Cons

Management don't treat you well. You are only considered a number and not a complete worker. They never acknowledge your work.

The advice i would have would be that they need to acknowledge or work and not show favoritism because it not fair.

756 Other Employee Reviews for United Airlines (View Most Recent)

A fast paced, challenging environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at United Airlines

Pros

If you are looking for very fast paced, challenging work that requires intense focus but with a great payoff ( in terms of seeing your work in action out in the system), come here. We have a lot of fun among very smart people. You will never be bored. It's an exciting industry with so many facets to engage in. We never stop learning.

Cons

If you prefer a safe, steady and calm work environment, no airline is for you. This is not a co or an industry for the risk averse. When times get rough, you can only lean on you performance (which we pay great attention to). It is a high performance environment.

The siloed decision making still has opportunities to improve.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at United Airlines

Pros

Working at United Airlines is challenging, though rewarding. It is also nice to have free standby travel all over the world.

Cons

The airline industry in recent years has always been flirting with insolvency. When fuel prices spike (as they often do), the work load can increase significantly.

Keep doing what you are doing. United Airlines turned a profit last year and things are looking promising this year.

There are newer employer reviews for United Airlines