There are newer employer reviews for United Airlines

So much good and so much bad at the same time

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Flight Attendant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at United Airlines

Pros

The customer service employees are some of the best in the world but they are tired. Tired of being ignored and treated as if they don't count by all levels of management. United could be the best again by listening to their front line employees.

Cons

Long hours with very little compensation. Creative ideas largely ignored by management. Where did our retirement benefits go? We are treated as if we could be replaced tomorrow.

Please treat us with respect for the job we do for you and this could be the wonderful airline it used to be.

reviews filtered by

Smisek has them on the right track, he just needs to make sure his message gets to the line employees.

Former Employee - Senior Strategist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Strategist in Chicago, IL

I worked at United Airlines

Pros

Flight benefits, working in Chicago and the majority of the people you work with.

Cons

Archaic organizational structure limits innovation and improvement at United, everyone just does the safe conservative thing because its easy and they'll never lose their job. Its not a high performance environment right now and hopefully that changes as the integration of CO and UA continues to take place.

Mr. Smisek needs to make sure his message goes all the way down to the line employees, then he needs to fire the line employees that don't act in the best interests of the customer at all times. The Continental employees are noticeably more upbeat and friendlier than United employees. I've been in first class on a 4 hr flight and the flight attendant was so terrible it was hard for me to believe.

Old school thinking which the CEO is trying to change.

Current Employee - Project Manager in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at United Airlines

Pros

Unlimited free flight benefits.
    Work life balance.
    Most co-workers are nice and cordial.
    Not to demanding (For those who like that)

Cons

Almost everyone in the company has spent a lifetime there (Prob because of the flight benefits).
    Old school thinking.
    The environment kills motivation, innovative thinking..
    Zero professional development.
    Career growth is mainly based on connections rather than qualifications.
    Extremely poor communication.
    There is no long term vision.

The CEO seems very positive and trying to bring in change. Please listen to his words with your heart. Educate yourselves and your employees. Change the way you think. The world has evolved in the last 40 years. Stop repeating the same words, motivate employees by walking the walk.

There are newer employer reviews for United Airlines