United Airlines

www.united.com

Great place--challenges and opportunities abound

HR Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsChallenging work. Great people who really care about the industry, company and coworkers. Company is genuinely working to make things better all over the company. Lots of people have been here a long time.
Travel priviledges are the best perk! Solid benefits package.

ConsCyclical industry (although we are starting to level this out as an industry). Sometimes, the long tenures of employees can be a negative. Many of these long-term employees are cynical and would rather complain and cast blame than do their little part to make the company better.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communicating openly to let the cynics know about the good the company is doing. Don't let the 'jerks' drag the rest of the company down with them.

Its very satisfationary

Operations Research Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at United Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros: Bright future and most better insantives then any other job Cons: Nothing like it so I have nothing to say about… Advice to Senior Management: Plz take less time for selecting the ppl who trying… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company to work for if you find your Niche

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at United Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Flight Benefits to even more cities in the world after the merge with Continental Lower medical premiums… Cons: Bad management in most departmsnts Company took away pensions and keeps… Advice to Senior Management: Please hire capable, competent, educated, top-quality, smart, intelligent leaders who are progressive, proactive, and have a great vision of the near future. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on United Airlines.

Worked for United Airlines? Contribute to the Community!