There are newer employer reviews for United Airlines

United Airlines is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Product and Training Specialist in Rapid City, SD
Current Employee - Product and Training Specialist in Rapid City, SD

I have been working at United Airlines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

United Airlines offers an extensive benefits package including free/discounted travel. Our company allows ample opportunity for growth into leadership roles as leaders are commonly selected from within the company. Our foundation is built on open, honest and direct communication. Safety is a top concern and having fun is a must! Employees at United Airlines are co-workers but also family. We work together and ensure that everyone is part of the team.

Cons

This is not a con for me but can be for some people: Hard work is a must. We strive to meet and exceed expectations and expect everyone on the team to do the same!

Other Employee Reviews for United Airlines

DONT WORK HERE FIND ANOTHER PLACE THAT VALUES YOUR HARD WORK!

Current Employee - Warehouse in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Newark, NJ

I have been working at United Airlines full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flying benefits and 401k savings plan

Cons

No retirement plans for Chelsea employees, people just do whatever they want in United its not what you know BUT who you know and who you sleep with. Managers just dont have the slightest clue as to how to run a business. They are scared of their employees. Very poor manners and education.

Advice to Management

go back to school and learn how to treat people with dignity and respect!

United gives me great opportunities.

Current Employee - Supervisor - In Flight Service in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor - In Flight Service in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at United Airlines full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-We are evolving; creating a new brand, opportunities, and reaching new destinations with state-of-the art aircraft. -Great employee benefits package and access to unique privileges and discounts. -Fantastic recognition programs on company-wide basis. -Love traveling? Go anywhere in the world.

Cons

-Certain technology systems (employee and customer facing) need improvement/development. -Ongoing labor negotiations distract co-workers from enjoying the job.

Advice to Management

-Continue to engage co-workers and review the leadership culture. In other words, survey the workforce on company culture. If necessary, take action with leaders that don't live up to the Working Together philosophy. -Invest in stations that need facility improvements. -Encourage cross-divisional job shadowing; allow co-workers to learn other parts of the business.