United Airlines

www.united.com
There are newer employer reviews for United Airlines

A GREAT place to work and a GREAT place to grow, this is a career company!

Current Employee - Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor in Newark, NJ
Current Employee - Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor in Newark, NJ

I have been working at United Airlines full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Currently, you can be on the 'fast' track to succeed. This company is growing, faster everyday. You are the only one holding yourself back. There are many different divisions and departments, set your course and TAKE OFF!

Cons

Growing at this fast a pace is bound to lead to the "Peter" principle.

Look and listen to the folks that make things happen! Get their thoughts and ideas on money savings at their level. It will work system wide, increasing the savings!

752 Other Employee Reviews for United Airlines (View Most Recent)

United is the right place for my career

Current Employee - HR Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - HR Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at United Airlines full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It was once mentioned to me that "if you can't find the right ob for you here, you won't find it anywhere.". I don't have a job at UA, I have a career. There are definitely growth opportunities. The focus on developing our leaders is positive for the new culture. Being a part of a strong, stable company that is redesigning so many processes and policies is challenging and exciting. I truly believe I make a difference and it gets noticed by my peers and managers.

Cons

With so many unions in the company, there's a large sense of entitlement because seniority means more than performance. This hurts customer service, at times. There is still a lot to do with the merger and it's creating burn out for those that have been involved the past 2 years. Joining the team now is a great time, though. A lot of the major pain has already taken place,

Keep your eye on the employee morale and continue to look for ways to reward and recognize. The merger has taken its toll on all of us. It's not all about money...time off, a simple "thank you," and getting involved in the daily issues/trenches makes a real difference.

Midst of a Merge

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Denver, CO

I have been working at United Airlines full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing benefits, get to travel and see the world

Cons

inconsistent schedule, hectic time for company.

There are newer employer reviews for United Airlines