There are newer employer reviews for United Airlines

United is the right place for my career

Current Employee - HR Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - HR Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at United Airlines full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It was once mentioned to me that "if you can't find the right ob for you here, you won't find it anywhere.". I don't have a job at UA, I have a career. There are definitely growth opportunities. The focus on developing our leaders is positive for the new culture. Being a part of a strong, stable company that is redesigning so many processes and policies is challenging and exciting. I truly believe I make a difference and it gets noticed by my peers and managers.

Cons

With so many unions in the company, there's a large sense of entitlement because seniority means more than performance. This hurts customer service, at times. There is still a lot to do with the merger and it's creating burn out for those that have been involved the past 2 years. Joining the team now is a great time, though. A lot of the major pain has already taken place,

Keep your eye on the employee morale and continue to look for ways to reward and recognize. The merger has taken its toll on all of us. It's not all about money...time off, a simple "thank you," and getting involved in the daily issues/trenches makes a real difference.

reviews filtered by
  1. Like a family

Current Employee - Corporate - Willis Tower in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Corporate - Willis Tower in Chicago, IL

I have been working at United Airlines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people are so friendly and we have a lot of fun! I've been at United 20 years, and my co-workers are like my family. The travel perks are the best of course! I've traveled all over the world with my flight benefits; Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, Australia, Hawaii and other U.S. destinations. United has flights to them all! We're also seeing great results from our recent merger.

Cons

Aviation is an exciting, ever changing environment. I'm never bored, there's always something new to learn. If you don't like change, then this may not be for you. However if you embrace learning new skills, this is the place for you!

2. Opportunities

Current Employee - Supervisor in Rapid City, SD
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Rapid City, SD

I have been working at United Airlines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Medical, dental, optical, 401k, vacation, fly free!

Cons

I love my job and my benifits, can't think of anything I do not like.

There are newer employer reviews for United Airlines