United Airlines

www.united.com

Challenging, exciting and fun company

Business Associate (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsAn airline is a complex matrix organization that is constantly changing and improving, which provides ample opportunities to learn new skills and grow as a professional. I work in a fun group with highly motivated individuals who also value work/life balance. The culture is evolving due to the merger with Continental, so that in combination with some deep industry shift, I can confidently say that United is a great company to work and looking forward to a long career here. Not to mention the travel perks to fly anywhere in the world last minute are unmatched in any other industry.

ConsThe organization is quite large with employees spread across multiple offices around the country - as you can imagine with any large company, there are certain things that just take longer because of certain policies or procedures. Any proposed improvements or programs need to be properly vetted as they can impact multiple divisions throughout the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe daily and weekly emails we get about company updates are great, but it would also be informative to see short videos from senior executives periodically on the status of their division and any large projects they are currently working on. I believe having an open culture of communications promotes information sharing eventually leading to productivity gains.

Great MBA rotational program providing a breadth of experience and exposure across the organization.

MBA Rotational Program (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at United Airlines full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great co-workers, open door culture, amazing benefits. Cons: Not much turnover here - could be hard to get… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The challenge of working in the airline industry is what keeps it interesting.

Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at United Airlines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Seeing your company name and industry in the news everyday is exciting, be it good or… Cons: Our IT systems are dated and could use step change… Advice to Senior Management: Provide more accountability to all levels of employment. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on United Airlines.

Worked for United Airlines? Contribute to the Community!