United Airlines

www.united.com

Challenging, exciting and fun company

Current Employee - Business Associate  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Business Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at United Airlines full-time for less than a year

Pros

An airline is a complex matrix organization that is constantly changing and improving, which provides ample opportunities to learn new skills and grow as a professional. I work in a fun group with highly motivated individuals who also value work/life balance. The culture is evolving due to the merger with Continental, so that in combination with some deep industry shift, I can confidently say that United is a great company to work and looking forward to a long career here. Not to mention the travel perks to fly anywhere in the world last minute are unmatched in any other industry.

Cons

The organization is quite large with employees spread across multiple offices around the country - as you can imagine with any large company, there are certain things that just take longer because of certain policies or procedures. Any proposed improvements or programs need to be properly vetted as they can impact multiple divisions throughout the company.

The daily and weekly emails we get about company updates are great, but it would also be informative to see short videos from senior executives periodically on the status of their division and any large projects they are currently working on. I believe having an open culture of communications promotes information sharing eventually leading to productivity gains.

Other Reviews for United Airlines

Great MBA rotational program providing a breadth of experience and exposure across the organization.

Current Employee - MBA Rotational Program  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - MBA Rotational Program in Chicago, IL

I have been working at United Airlines full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great co-workers, open door culture, amazing benefits.

Cons

Not much turnover here - could be hard to get promoted.

The challenge of working in the airline industry is what keeps it interesting.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at United Airlines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Seeing your company name and industry in the news everyday is exciting, be it good or bad. Working in the Loop is a major plus. Oh ya...the flight benefits are pretty sick too!

Cons

Our IT systems are dated and could use step change improvements. The merger has been frustrating at times for our customers.

Provide more accountability to all levels of employment.

There are newer employer reviews for United Airlines.

Worked for United Airlines? Contribute to the Community!