United Airlines

www.united.com

Excellent career opportunity, exposure, challenge at United Airlines

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood ability to try new things (the airline has many divisions so employees can get exposure to whatever type of business interests you) and management is supporting of developing talent; hours are great (corporate standard 8a-5p or 9a-6p); competitive salary; flight benefits; challenging and interesting airline industry; the cross-divisional nature of the work is tremendous -- never stuck in one spot/area without exposure to multiple divisions and/or impacting on-going projects.

ConsNeed to network to build your brand and be recognized within the company (fairly standard); desired opportunities subject to availability; can be cuts depending on economy.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are some leaders who are really getting the job done and others who are not -- now that we are sufficiently post-merger would suggest holding those who are not more accountable for results.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Challenging, exciting and fun company

Business Associate (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at United Airlines full-time for less than a year

Pros: An airline is a complex matrix organization that is constantly changing and improving, which provides ample opportunities to learn new skills and grow as a… Cons: The organization is quite large with employees spread across multiple offices around the country - as you can imagine with any large company, there are… Advice to Senior Management: The daily and weekly emails we get about company updates are great, but it would also be informative to see short videos from senior executives… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Interesting business, lots of opportunity

Business Associate (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at United Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros: Challenging business, opportunties to move around to new parts of business, focus on culture, passionate… Cons: Low margin business-challenging to focus on long-term given short-term challenges Advice to Senior Management: Continue to look for low cost ways to boost employee morale.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on United Airlines.

Worked for United Airlines? Contribute to the Community!