United Airlines
www.united.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Work is okay, but poorly managed, and 10-yr pay progression makes a career unlikely for most.

Ramp Service Agent (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at United Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFull benefits even for part-time. Flight benefits if you have the stomach for it. Union job protection. Work load is comfortable. Great group of fellow ramp agents. Work outdoors.

Cons10-yr pay progression from $9/hr-$21/hr. Poor management at all levels. Many worker concessions over the past 20 yrs. No COLA raises beyond top pay scale. Weak union due to US legislative constraints. Flight benefits often difficult to take advantage of. Work outdoors in all weather.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce pay progression to 3 years and watch turnover plummet. Get your CBAs settled in a timely fashion to empower your entire work force. Hire people-managers not police and bean counters.

Excellent employer, employee focused

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at United Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good structure, despite the merger, this is a good place… Cons: The merger with CO is stressful. Trying to bring two distinct cultures together. Former United employees work… Advice to Senior Management: Dont abandon UA policies simply because it was a UA policy. UA had an excellent program to track employee use of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not an employee friendly company

Flight Attendant (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at United Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Health insurance and travel benefits Cons: Lack of respect for front line employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on United Airlines.

Worked for United Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

United Airlines – Why Work for Us?

Now taking off: Your career At United®, we are thriving in the culture that our employees have helped to create, one that encourages new ideas and rewards performance. With the right qualifications, attitude and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at United Airlines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for United Airlines CEO Jeffery A. Smisek . All reviews posted anonymously by United Airlines employees.