United Airlines

www.united.com
There are newer employer reviews for United Airlines

Fair experience but has the potential to be something very special.

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at United Airlines full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flying benefits of course (when you can get on the plane)

Cons

Long hours, low salary compared to those in same or similar positions in the company, merger madness, low morale, rampant negativity, and lack of direction from the top.

Don't forget the employees are actually people with lives, families, goals, and feelings. The employees matter just as much as the bottom line.

756 Other Employee Reviews for United Airlines (View Most Recent)

New initiatives and strategies not welcomed. Company is still stuck in Medieval age!

Former Employee - Safety Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Safety Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at United Airlines full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you love traveling and don't care much for your take home salary, perhaps, you are welcome here.

Cons

The company still operates on an old metric. I bet United's highly skilled may not compare with other industry's best. I believe the reason is not far-fetched. Since they don't pay competitively for outstanding performance, most management personnel are switched around; no new strategies, same old, same bureaucracy. Good luck with it.

Invest in talents, search deeper. Provide the tools needed to do the job. Be prepared to let go those who aren't giving their all to the company in terms of time and resources. Go ask the tech geeks and other competitive industries. They changed from Old Jack to New Tom. Times have changed!!!

They will bleed you dry

Former Employee - Enginmeering in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Enginmeering in San Francisco, CA

I worked at United Airlines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The coworkers are outstanding, hard working and very disappointed.

Cons

After over 25 years at United my job was sent to Houston Tx. I was forced to contribute over $40,000 to the ESOP program (which was all lost in bankruptcy). My pension lost 50% (from the bankruptcy) and then I had to retire early!
    Do not count on this company or depend on them, senior management is only looking out for themselves.

There are newer employer reviews for United Airlines