There are newer employer reviews for United BioSource

Clinical Research Organization with too many growing/merger pains

I have been working at United BioSource full-time

Pros

Close-knit team, Collegial environment within employees

Cons

Too much bureaucracy, lack of direction, personality issues within executive team and too little clear information about professional career paths, development

Champion the talent you have! Listen to your staff!

56 Other Employee Reviews for United BioSource (View Most Recent)

Its a job

Former Employee - Senior Reimbursement Specialist  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Reimbursement Specialist in Memphis, TN

I worked at United BioSource full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is good, 17/hr

Cons

Unorganized management, inexperience, high overturns including management.

Yes, this is a good place to work

Terrible management; secrecy and brown-nosing abound.

Former Employee - Reimbursement Manager  in  Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Reimbursement Manager in Morgantown, WV

I worked at United BioSource full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's not too much I can say that's positive. Benefits are good, Express Scripts matches employee contributions into 401Ks up to 6%. There was always catered lunches and cake provided to employees. Expect to gain 10 lbs when you start.

Cons

JOBSEEKER BEWARE! I admit that it may be difficult for me to write a totally objective review, but I will do my best. At first glance, everyone at UBC is very welcoming and friendly. Do not be fooled. This is, first and foremost, a call center. Employees that perform well and brown-nose to Sales Reps tend to get a pass any time they do something wrong. Disrespectful to co-workers? Failure to follow processes? These things are not a priority if you are close with the right people. Managers (I was a manager during my time here) are taught to be stand-offish to reports. You are told to limit any socialization with your team. During my time here I overheard another manager respond to a question from one of her reports with "That's not for people in your pay grade to know." Instances like this were commonplace. Anytime an employee makes a mistake or there is an issue with performance, nothing is done to remedy the issue until that employee is in a disciplinary meeting where a "laundry list" of problems is presented to the employee. In my team alone, three people were experiencing issues like this (and subsequently complained to HR) at the same time. My supervisor and trainer were consistently insincere and cold towards me, often looking right past me as I stood in front of them and asked a question. I could go on and on. I disregarded the negative employee reviews on Glassdoor and accepted the position anyway. This is a decision that I will regret every time I look at my resume and see United BioSource Corporation. No job is worth being treated the way I was treated here.

There are newer employer reviews for United BioSource

Worked for United BioSource? Contribute to the Community!