There are newer employer reviews for United Blood Services

OK job but HORRIBLE and UNCARING management.

Former Employee - Donor Care Specialist in Fargo, ND
Former Employee - Donor Care Specialist in Fargo, ND

I worked at United Blood Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, reasonable benefits, frequent raises. Rewarding. Good training program. You could spend a lot of time traveling so you will really get to know your co-workers and make some lasting friendships. The only reason I stayed for so long was I had the greatest co-workers!

Cons

Ridiculous time and attendance policies. Never able to use PTO time. Very hard to schedule anything because your schedule is never set. Management is my biggest complaint; lots of back-stabbing, and attacking by supervisors. Supervisors will throw you under the bus in a minute. If you share your opinion it is called insubordination. Forced to drive in hazardous weather conditions b/c blood drives are never cancelled. We had to drive in blizzards, on flooded road (literally under water) . . . crazy.

Mgmt needs to go back in the trenches. They need to remember how hard the work is and appreciate the techs who do all of the actual work.

reviews filtered by

Slave labor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at United Blood Services

Pros

It is income during a time when finding a job may be hard to do. Simple as that. Not a career.

Cons

Long hours, inconsistent hours, very strict attendance policy (pray you don't have a sick kid), low pay for hard work.

Your position does not entitle you to strut like a peacock. Be seen, offer advice instead of only being seen when you are firing someone.

Extremely Disappointing

Former Employee - Assistant Supervisor/HST II in Peoria, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant Supervisor/HST II in Peoria, AZ

I worked at United Blood Services

Pros

Assisting in a very SMALL way in ensuring valley hospitals were fully stocked with blood products and had an adequate blood supply.

Cons

This is not a NOT FOR PROFIT company per se, lets get real, the division, Blood Services, is yes however, the all encompassing parent company, Blood Systems Inc, is a money making machine. Treatment of the employees go way beyond brutal. Long hours, low pay, intolerable working conditions.

Spend some time in the trenches to see whats really going on ... you lose a lot a REALLY GOOD people because of the foolishness of others.

There are newer employer reviews for United Blood Services