United Blood Services

www.unitedbloodservices.org
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for United Blood Services

Good effort trying to fulfill the mission statement.

I have been working at United Blood Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I'm proud of what I do and believe in UBS's mission statement. Depending on what department you work in the schedule can be flexible. Decent benefits and pay. Great people!

Cons

Depending on where you live and what department you are in there is little room for growth or opportunities for advancement. Many managers are ill-equipped and lack experience or are too overbearing; micromanagement is a problem. Communication and trust between different departments is a huge obstacle and needs work.

Advice to Management

Integrity is a two way street. Don't minimize employees' objectives or career goals but rather, try to find different ways to appreciate their efforts when promotions aren't an option. Raises, title changes, additional responsibilities, ect. are always appreciated.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

OK job but HORRIBLE and UNCARING management.

Former Employee - Donor Care Specialist in Fargo, ND
    Former Employee - Donor Care Specialist in Fargo, ND

I worked at United Blood Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, reasonable benefits, frequent raises. Rewarding. Good training program. You could spend a lot of time traveling so you will really get to know your co-workers and make some lasting friendships. The only reason I stayed for so long was I had the greatest co-workers!

Cons

Ridiculous time and attendance policies. Never able to use PTO time. Very hard to schedule anything because your schedule is never set. Management is my biggest complaint; lots of back-stabbing, and attacking by supervisors. Supervisors will throw you under the bus in a minute. If you share your opinion it is called insubordination. Forced to drive in hazardous weather conditions b/c blood drives are never cancelled. We had to drive in blizzards, on flooded road (literally under water) . . . crazy.

Advice to Management

Mgmt needs to go back in the trenches. They need to remember how hard the work is and appreciate the techs who do all of the actual work.

Slave labor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at United Blood Services

Pros

It is income during a time when finding a job may be hard to do. Simple as that. Not a career.

Cons

Long hours, inconsistent hours, very strict attendance policy (pray you don't have a sick kid), low pay for hard work.

Advice to Management

Your position does not entitle you to strut like a peacock. Be seen, offer advice instead of only being seen when you are firing someone.