There are newer employer reviews for United Brands

CEO screams and belittles employees

I worked at United Brands

Pros

I really don't have anything good to say about this company.

Cons

If you are a glutton for punishment and enjoy being abused or seeing others abused, watching grown men cry while being screamed at, love being belittled day in and day out, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Take an anger management class, get some meds, learn how to effectively manage employees without screaming.

reviews filtered by
  1. Best job ever!

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at United Brands full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great environment to work in and fun. CEO is a great friendly guy and really cares about his employees. Offered my family help in financial troubles and was always supportive with anything I put forward to him.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. The office is very modern. I left the company in order to obtain my masters, and I know that I will be rehired again when im done.

Advice to Management

I would reconstruct how news circulates the office. Some people slack off and lose concentration because the news is always on on the Plasma screens placed around the office

Run away

I worked at United Brands

Pros

No good reasons. I would not wish this on my worst enemy.

Cons

The worst place to work ever. I have heard time and time again to CEO scream, and not yell, scream at employees. He makes them cry, including grown men. He lies to them. He gossips about employees to other employees. He pits employees against each other. He forbids them from socializing outside of work. He doesn't even want them to have social media relationships with each other. He lies to his employees. He doesn't pay them on time. He doesn't pay bonuses. I've even seen him a lie about a starting salary, lowering it after the salesperson started his job. work-life balance is horrible. No one gets a life. The only family that's important is his own, not his employees families. He keeps people working late on holidays, including Christmas Eve, and the day before Thanksgiving. It is just a horrible, horrible, horrible place to work. I can't say enough bad about it. you will ruin your reputation working here, and perhaps ruin your personal relationships as well. Again, I can't say enough bad about it. Don't work here. No matter how desperate you are. and now he has his teenage son, who is now 21, as an acting CEO, who has absolutely no knowledge about anything, has never worked a job in his life, and you're expected to kiss his butt too, and act like he is the CEO of a fortune 500 company with a Harvard degree.

Advice to Management

sell the company, and put everyone out of their misery.

There are newer employer reviews for United Brands