United Health Services

There are newer employer reviews for United Health Services

GOOD place to start

Former Employee - Finance Intern in Binghamton, NY
Former Employee - Finance Intern in Binghamton, NY

I worked at United Health Services as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I was working as an finance intern and it is quite independent

Cons

no compensation has paid to me. It was volunteer intern

N/A

27 Other Employee Reviews for United Health Services (View Most Recent)

Clinical Systems Analyst

I worked at United Health Services

Pros

Steady work and teamwork, work for five hospitals and get to meet a lot of people. Learn many new things and new clinical systems.

Cons

On Call is horrible!!! On call is a week straight and you dont get to sleep because the calls dont stop and you work a full shift in the day while taking another phone line that the physicians call you on. Then you work a fulltime night shift because of all the calls. Call is being abused. Very dangerous if you are driving into work because you are exhausted from call. There isnt enough staff support to support the five hospitals and the helpdesk is short staffed and functions as a call center rather than helpdesk.
     Poor staffing for electronic health record implementation and support. Doctors are always upset because of the amount of support.

Pay is decent but you get 1% raises each year. If you do tuition reimbursement you have to stay two yrs working for UHS as you are bound to contract.

Management needs to lead by example. Discuss changes with staff that are doing the work because it affects them. Some management staff need to go back to school to learn leadership skills and how to speak to employees as to not put them down.

Cedar Ridge in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (a UHS company)

Former Employee - MHT in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - MHT in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at United Health Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Good benefits and there's always shift openings. You can pick up overtime very easily..
    -I hate having to write this because I loved the work. I really felt as if there was an opportunity to help our patients.

Cons

-The reason there are so many shift openings is because every morning supervisors go through the schedule and cut staff. It would be understandable if there was an abundance of staff, but there's not. Supervisors would pull staff from a 1:1 patient to go to another area because staffing was low.
    -Patient care is far from top priority.
    -Management is awful. The majority of them are completely unsupportive, unprofessional, and show favoritism to a handful of staff members. They turn a blind eye to some seriously repugnant behavior.
    -Patient safety falls by the wayside. There were several instances in the time that I worked there that a patient was hurt or injured and proper care wasn't given.
    -Some staff shows absolutely no respect to patients or their belongings. If a patient comes in with something a staff member likes, it's a free for all and management really cant be bothered to address it. Absolutely disgusting.

There's so much more to be said, but I'm going to leave it at this: this 'hospital' is a very dangerous place. If you value integrity and your licenses, this is not the place for you.

There are some people there that are doing right, but the bad outweighs the good. That place needs an overhaul in the worst way.

There are newer employer reviews for United Health Services