United Insurance
Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

A great experience in the world of home service insurance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at United Insurance full-time

ProsIf you want to control your schedule and work week , build your own business and want a Thursday paycheck this is the place for you. Products are easy to understand and application forms easy to complete.

ConsYou have to develop a rapport with low income individuals and their families if you don't already have one and be prepared to spend most of your days in their neighborhoods. As an Agent you will be carrying a lot of cash,checks and money orders so personal safety will always be a concern. Be prepared to spend a lot of money on postage as the Company doesn't pay you to mail receipt books back to clients. Oh, and you have to pay for your own gas to make collections.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should take suggestions from Agents more seriously. Access to client records at the Home Office must be made available by phone to the Agents. Allow communication between the Agents and Underwriting Department.

not good

Zonal Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at United Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros: Commission was not bad and flexible working hours Cons: Claim settlement very bad, politics in the company, one man… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It was a learning experience that I will never forget good/bad.

Insurance Agent (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at United Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros: Existing clients that are older and knowledgeable of there benefits… Cons: Clients that are older and younger that could care less… Advice to Senior Management: Have an introduction class for new agents before they are placed on a debit. It should include the products offered, the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on United Insurance.

Worked for United Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at United Insurance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for United Insurance CEO Don Royster Sr. All reviews posted anonymously by United Insurance employees.