United Insurance

A great experience in the world of home service insurance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you want to control your schedule and work week , build your own business and want a Thursday paycheck this is the place for you. Products are easy to understand and application forms easy to complete.

ConsYou have to develop a rapport with low income individuals and their families if you don't already have one and be prepared to spend most of your days in their neighborhoods. As an Agent you will be carrying a lot of cash,checks and money orders so personal safety will always be a concern. Be prepared to spend a lot of money on postage as the Company doesn't pay you to mail receipt books back to clients. Oh, and you have to pay for your own gas to make collections.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should take suggestions from Agents more seriously. Access to client records at the Home Office must be made available by phone to the Agents. Allow communication between the Agents and Underwriting Department.

not good

Zonal Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at United Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros: Commission was not bad and flexible working hours Cons: Claim settlement very bad, politics in the company, one man… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

plenty to do but can be challenging to get the best pay

Insurance Agent (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

I have been working at United Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros: can practically make your own hours. off Saturday and Sunday Cons: A lot of driving that the company doesn't pay for, which I think… Advice to Senior Management: being able to spend more time with new agents. sometimes the managers have a lot on their plate, so they should have a training… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on United Insurance.

Worked for United Insurance? Contribute to the Community!