United Natural

www.unfi.com
  www.unfi.com
There are newer employer reviews for United Natural

not a good company to work for

Former Employee - Compensation and Benefits Analyst (Sales) in Providence, RI
Former Employee - Compensation and Benefits Analyst (Sales) in Providence, RI

I worked at United Natural full-time (more than an year)

Pros

headquarters is at a lead certified building

Cons

management rewards longevity over talent.

56 Other Employee Reviews for United Natural (View Most Recent)

Company pretends to be something it's not! "Buddy system" to move-up in mgmt.

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Auburn, WA
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Auburn, WA

I worked at United Natural full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive wage in the ONLY thing going! Be careful; corporate in Providence, R.I. VERY slow @ responding to any type of requests for employees, and local office makes excuses or covers-up for corporates incompetence.

Cons

A mgr wasn't fired after starting a physical fight with driver-employee. Person in office reporting mysteriously left company and nothing more said. I feel sorry for customers, as when they call for service, they get the run-around via a "call-center" located thousands of miles away. Poor customer service, and Drivers hear constant grips about it.

UNFI has the potential to be a very good company but senior management needs to be replaced. If Providence, R.I. officers understood what was really going-on at whse locations, they would probably terminate all managers. Unreasonable demands on Drivers especially since strike @ Auburn,WA location 2012-2013. Customers calls need to be answered by the same whse they are serviced from, instead of a call-center location that does not understand customer and can't answer customer's questions correctly.

Nice place to Work

Current Employee - Order Selector in Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - Order Selector in Auburn, WA

I have been working at United Natural as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I liked how close the company was. There were plenty of opportunities for overtime, and the pay rate was competitive. I loved the four day work week.

Cons

I wasn't fond of their order picking policies (You had to pick 100 locations per hour minimum with minimal mis-picks, or you were at risk for termination). Manditory overtime was tough sometimes, with some shifts ending at 3:00 AM but these were rare cases.

There are newer employer reviews for United Natural