United Rentals

www.unitedrentals.com
  www.unitedrentals.com
There are newer employer reviews for United Rentals

it is all about the share holders. Not the workers and their interests.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Melbourne, AR
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Melbourne, AR

I have been working at United Rentals

Pros

Not a bad place to work, but understaffed and over managed. Not much room for promotion in my branch. The good things are the vacation and the health benefits. 2 weeks vaca off the bat, 401k, which was just reduced. Vision and dental and good pay raises.

Cons

Please see above, i guess i should have looked first. No pay raises, market instability has been a huge problem with the recent down turn. The company micro manages you to death, and the 401K is gone. Massive lay offs in recent year and result as spead exisiting people so thin that it is hard to get much done with out being frustrated.

quit

174 Other Employee Reviews for United Rentals (View Most Recent)

United Rentals, Not a good place to work!

Former Employee - Shop Foreman in Rocklin, CA
    Former Employee - Shop Foreman in Rocklin, CA

I worked at United Rentals

Pros

A good overall benefits package

Cons

Good old boy atmosphere prevails, good pay raises given only to employes that are close friends of Management. Promotions, forget it! Your reward for trying to do a good job to the best of your ability will be getting laid off so they can replace you with somebody less qualified. You are given a set of rules to follow when inspecting rental equipment for reuse after it has been returned however these rules are often side stepped in order to get equipment back out and rented. These problems are just the tip of the iceberg.

Open your eyes to whats going on at local branches, there is so much favoritism going on between local managers and a select few employes that anybody that gets laid off or let go for whatever reason feels blessed to get away

A job is a job.

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at United Rentals

Pros

At the time I enjoyed the opportunity of working for United Rentals. I feel the company was understanding of people with small children and would let my hours be flexible. Considering I was in sales it was a great opportunity to work on my time and essentially create my own hours. Most of the time they were very flexible in this area.

Cons

Working in sales with this company I sometimes had to work longer than normal hours for myself and with small children that became an issue.

I do not feel there is any advice I could give the senior management. I feel they are doing an OK job for the company and would not change anything.

There are newer employer reviews for United Rentals