There are newer employer reviews for United Rentals

Decent place to work, as long as you stay to yourself, and stick up for yourself

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative
Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at United Rentals full-time

Pros

Largest in the industry, Lots of availability to move while staying at the company.

Cons

Experiences can vary wildly from branch to branch. Generally understaffed for expected business growth on logistical side. In my experience mid and upper management will not return phone calls unless emergency. Definately have to watch your back, they will let people go very quickly.

Advice to Management

Add more support staff, or cool down the growth projections, with the other metrics every branch is required to meet, their are not enough people employed to make everything work at that level.

Other Employee Reviews for United Rentals

United Rentals provides me with a career path, goals, and a sense of achievement.

Current Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at United Rentals full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Experienced, strong leaders Vision for the future Truly believes in partnership with customers, not just supplier/purchaser relationships Encourages leaders to recognize and develop talent

Cons

There aren't many cons for me. I've experienced dramatic swings in the economic situation, and those fluctuations have taken us from one extreme to another, with risks at both ends. A couple years ago, we had hiring freezes, layoffs, consolidations, etc and now we're growing fast that it's difficult to maintain a high level of service without the infrastructure supporting current activities.

Advice to Management

See all projects through to completion before piling on more. Allow time for each to be absorbed and adopted fully before building the next step. Not saying only do one thing at a time, but make sure each initiative is fully in place before trying to move on to the next.

2. work

Current Employee - Parts
    Current Employee - Parts

I have been working at United Rentals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

got a job and it pays my bills for the time being until i can advance if i can.

Cons

favoritism. hard to move in the company bec the turned the branches into a skeleton company. so people dont move

Advice to Management

none