United Rentals

www.unitedrentals.com

Great opp for an aggressive college grad

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsIf you are interested in seeing how all that theory in college applies to real world business, then apply for an inside sales position. This is not for the faint of heart. You will see first hand how a business is ran from top to bottom. Best in class industry leader. I spent a long time here and have seen it improve time and time again. Do not go into this company thinking you will be a manager or a sales rep. You work hard and the company will reward you with the challenge you can handle.

ConsYou can jump into a hornets nest if you aren't careful. Meet with as many "managers" as possible. You will likely work 60 to 70 hours a week in peek season(spring-summer-fall).
Construction/Industrial industry is not very politically correct. They are ruff around the edges.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour internal employment development is very poor. Reps are not given enough control over decisions and you are losing revenue because of it. We all understand that you all are trying to be more accurate in your forecasting, but don't turn into "Walmart," just so you can print out a score card.

Company under active management

Financial/Accounting Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at United Rentals full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good management and growth. CEO has good communication with employees;… Cons: overtime; a lot of changes due to acquisition Advice to Senior Management: more training and career advancement opportunities Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Equipment associate

Eqipment Associate (Current Employee) Tennessee City, TN

I have been working at United Rentals full-time for less than a year

Pros: Clean safe environment. Company provides ample tools to complete… Cons: Micro management at its best Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on United Rentals.

Worked for United Rentals? Contribute to the Community!