There are newer employer reviews for United Rentals

United Rentals -- Come with us and we will lead the way!

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Sherman, TX
Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Sherman, TX

I have been working at United Rentals full-time (less than a year)

Pros

United Rentals has opportunities to offer for those willing to give their all each and everyday.

It is a place where everyone is F-A-M-I-L-Y....

Cons

I have yet to find any cons with United Rentals.

Currently I have no advise and feel that with this company I may never as they continually change and grow on thier own....if they see it they fix it.

reviews filtered by
  1. United Rentals provides an extremely positive and encouraging workplace!

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at United Rentals full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

United Rentals is highly supportive of an employee and focused on results. The leadership team is outstanding and continue to communicate the strategy for continued growth. With an incredible footprint in the US & Canada, an individual can work from any location with few limitations.

Cons

The only downside, in today's environment, is the international reach. Today, United Rentals is located only in the US and Canada; having a footprint in emerging markets would continue to propel the company alongside it's major customers.

2. United Rentals' biggest investment is in thier employees!

I have been working at United Rentals full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company takes time to recruit top level employees they can invest in. I believe the company can attribute a lot of its success by the way they treat thier people. Rather than feeling like you belong to a company, you feel more like you belong to a team and a family that you are very proud of, which makes you want to give just a little more everyday. Training and mentorship are never scarce, so you continually work with people who are helping you grow and improve professionally. Leadership is great, management is very knowledgeble and a good resource to learn from. UR also understands the importance of balancing home and work. They provide great benefits and programs to live a healthy lifestyle and really care about not only supporting each other, but everyone's families as well.

Cons

United Rentals is a great company with plenty of opportunity for advancement. However, I believe the company could benefit by developing a more structured pathway for career goals.

Take more time to coach/mentor and provide feedback to improve at times other than review periods.

There are newer employer reviews for United Rentals