There are newer employer reviews for United Rentals

URI is a fast paced, constantly evolving company that is always driving poistive change!

Current Employee - Director  in  Stamford, CT
Current Employee - Director in Stamford, CT

I have been working at United Rentals full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The safety culture is second to none.
The diversity in the workplace is awesome, and the senior management support in this area is strong.
Operations are performing very well with much more room for continued profitable growth.

Cons

Work like balance can be tough to manage as we all work very hard, but it is fulfilling work.
The industry is cyclical, while things are great now there will eventually be lean days again.

Keep up the great work, and don't forget to pat people on the back some more. Celebrate your victories!

166 Other Employee Reviews for United Rentals (View Most Recent)

What a Fantastic company to work for. You can learn and grow what working hard and having fun.

Current Employee - District Manager  in  Midland, TX
    Current Employee - District Manager in Midland, TX

I have been working at United Rentals full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This company is aggressive, drive with clear direction on what we want and how to get there. We work hard, have fun and get the job done.

Cons

The is not enough hours in the day to get everything done in the manner we would like it done in.

We all need time management training and we need to kaisen every position.

Laid off after 11+ years in 2009 & wish URI would rehire laid off employees!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Fairfield, CT
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fairfield, CT

I worked at United Rentals full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I loved working at URI because of the company benefits, values and mission. I knew that Mike and Matt would take this company to the top, which they did. My skills were honed at this company. I had a great manager who taught me so much. Working at URI were the happiest and proudest days of my life.

Cons

Not much room for advancement for women at our location. I honestly thought URI genuinely cared about long time employees but I believe the old adage "out of sight, out of mind" applies now that the company has grown so large.

Hire back employees who were laid off during the economic downturn. Women need more opportunities for advancement.

There are newer employer reviews for United Rentals

Worked for United Rentals? Contribute to the Community!