United Rentals

www.unitedrentals.com

Busy, Busy, Busy never ending work...

Mechanical IV (Current Employee)

Pros#1 The benefits - full dental, eyes, medical 401k, paid vacations, six paid sick days, three floating (birthday, Anniversary DOH +1 more). Mediocre annual training. Fairly competitive pay.

ConsMust own tools, inability to take vacation when company is busy (summer). No real opportunity for advancement, once you have a job it's hard to transfer to another location or level ie sales. Feel stuck, need to be "customer oriented" when dealing with ignorant users (read: Dumb people). Pay raises seem to be mere cost of living adjustments versus raise. Must have two sets of tools (you are a shop and road tech)

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe a program which allows technicians to rotate between branches. More regional town hall meetings so the lower techs can address some issues with management.

Too big to fail.

Sales (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at United Rentals full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: URI offers competitive wages, and a good benefits package. The… Cons: URI's approach to business in the last three years has been to streamline, increase efficiency, and sell image - to Wall Street. All of these… Advice to Senior Management: We are seeing a rapid deterioration in our long-time customer base. They are still doing business with us, but because they have to. In the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great if you like Micromanagement, Big Brother, Corporate CYOA games and general BS.

Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at United Rentals full-time for more than a year

Pros: >It's United Rentals, everyone knows them and there's a huge customer base. >Decent pay and benefits. >Lot's of $$$ to… Cons: >Senior Management tells everyone what they want to hear. Look at all the glowing reviews on here, that popped up all at the same time… Advice to Senior Management: Stop being so corporate and leave companies that you've purchased alone. You bought them because they're successful, so why start monkeying around… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on United Rentals.

Worked for United Rentals? Contribute to the Community!