United Rentals

www.unitedrentals.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for United Rentals

Excellent company to work for. plenty of money to be made.

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at United Rentals full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefites, compensation are great. Company vehicle and top fleet in the industry.

Cons

DSMs could use a little more UR history. After the merger it was hard to remember who bought who,

184 Other Employee Reviews for United Rentals (View Most Recent)

Certain locations need new management and employees

I have been working at United Rentals full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Offer good pay with the option for overtime. Decent hours allows for a good work to life balance

Cons

Lack of training in certain stores for new employees. Several people with attitudes and some long term employees are very sneaky. I had thought I was in High School while working there.

Too big to fail.

Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA

I have been working at United Rentals full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

URI offers competitive wages, and a good benefits package. The company's large size offers a reasonable amount of job security.

Cons

URI's approach to business in the last three years has been to streamline, increase efficiency, and sell image - to Wall Street. All of these are great, unless done at the expense of quality of service. United has worked hard to differentiate itself from the competition, charging a higher rate for a better product. Unfortunately, they are still demanding a higher rate, but are now offering a substandard product. What was once a relationship-based business relying on repeat customers, is now transactional - we don't care if we upset a customer, there's another one around the corner.

We are seeing a rapid deterioration in our long-time customer base. They are still doing business with us, but because they have to. In the current market, this is not a major concern. Business is strong, and there are a wealth of new opportunities as commercial construction continues to rebound. What happens when that growth stops? Our customers have long memories, and we're instilling the perception that we don't care about them. They need us now, but they won't forever.

There are newer employer reviews for United Rentals