Great opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at United States Congress

Pros

Work with very smart and competent people

Cons

They do not pay you that well.

None.

Other Reviews for United States Congress

A great place to see the inner workings of government, not great for the long term.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at United States Congress

Pros

It gives you a great sense of purpose to walk into the Rayburn building or the Longworth building every morning. I liked fielding phone calls from constituents because they are always very interesting, but that could be a con.

Cons

As an intern, the day to day is not particularly challenging or mentally stimulating. There also is not much room for creativity (at the intern level).

Keep hiring interns because the experience is invaluable for anyone studying politics or wants to know how our government works from the inside.

It was a great learning experience

Former Employee - Congressional Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Congressional Intern in New York, NY

I worked at United States Congress

Pros

I worked as an intern at Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney's District Office and I thought it was a great networking opportunity for someone who had limited experience with internships in the past. Though the internship was unpaid, (as most government internships are) it was a great way to incorporate skills fresh from the classroom into the internship's duties.

Cons

The internship was unpaid and is geared towards students who have not held internships in the past. This is also why the internship is beneficial.

The internship is geared towards people who have not held internships before, though to those who had more experience, they were given a special workload with more responsibilities. I dont have any suggestions for the internship coordinators, they have done a great job with the program.

There are newer employer reviews for United States Congress.

Worked for United States Congress? Contribute to the Community!