There are newer employer reviews for United States Department of Energy

A friendly atmosphere to work in with very minimal job related stress and flexible.

Former Employee - Contract Specialist
Former Employee - Contract Specialist

Pros

1. Stable Job Field. 2. Excellent Benefit Package. 3. Excellent Retirement Package. 4. Friendly Atmosphere. 5. Flexible Time Schedule. 6. Ability to carry over 30-days worth of vacation time.

Cons

1. The opportunity to move up takes longer compared to private sector. 2. Maximum pay cap is not as high as private sector.

Advice to Management

1. Offer a one-to-one mentoring program to help peers gain valable experience such as leadership and management skills that will allow the individual to move up in the ranks.

Other Employee Reviews for United States Department of Energy

1. very good place to work

Pros

good pay comparing to equivalennt position somewhere else

Cons

small place and not that much of fun after work

Advice to Management

more care to the employee in terms of their carreer development and future path. let your employee have a feeling of belonging.

Rewarding if you put the effort in

Former Employee - Economist
    Former Employee - Economist

Pros

Work/life balance is excellent. Great benefits and after the first couple of years, time off was sufficient. The work was rewarding for me because I was proactive about seeking out duties above and beyond my job description. I think the job would have been boring if I had not done this. I did feel like my job was important and made a difference in policy landscape.

Cons

The job had ebbs and flows of work time. The building and office space is not fancy at all and there are few perks. No free coffee, no fancy parties or gifts - we even had to pay 5 dollars a month each for the water cooler. Dealing with HR could be a nightmare sometimes because of the bureaucracy.

Advice to Management

Make sure you push your employees more and offer more reward structures as an incentive to go above and beyond your job.