United Stationers
www.unitedstationers.com Deerfield, IL 5000+ Employees

Welcome to the 80's

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Deerfield, IL

I worked at United Stationers full-time for more than 5 years

ProsTelecommuting only in some departments, decent benefits, good senior leadership, great volunteer opportunities, good associate network groups.

ConsSeveral employees are living in the past and have a childish mentality that includes telling on people. Change is a word that scares most...but not all departments are bad. Everything new is really from about 5-10 years ago.

I don't know how some people are managers or directors...just because they have been there for about 20 years and used to be the most knowledgeable a long time ago. There are people who don't know how to use great programs like excel or even laptops (wow). Definitely not the best place for young people to work at.

There are 2 different companies - United Stationers has more departments which people are miserable in. Lagasse seems more friendly and open to new ideas....has a younger crowd which definitely helps.

If you try to apply for a job in a fueding department, they probably won't hire you because of your background. There are also too many new people in some departments that have no idea what they are doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementLayoffs aren't always a bad thing. I couldn't ever be promoted in my dept unless I waited 10+ years. It would really be beneficial to find out how employees feel and do a massive clean up. There are a lot of people who are going to hit retirement...and in order to get fresh new talent, you need to make sure changes. It is a pretty good company but there's a few departments that are ruining the image.

Company Going Down Hill!

Customer Care (Current Employee)
Suwanee, GA

I have been working at United Stationers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Decent pay and vacation/pto. Discount with Att&t or Verizon. In… Cons: Management doesn't know what they are doing, all about service level, could care less about dealers/ customers as long as they make their goals. Understaffed… Advice to Senior Management: Make it a fun place to work, value your employees! Customer care reps are who drive this company! Make them happy, don't stress them out.… More

Good pay... to be treated like an expendable worker ant

Order Picker (Shelf) (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at United Stationers

Pros: The pay and benefits were actually really good for a… Cons: You're treated as though you're nothing better than a worker ant. You're looked down upon by certain superiors. They do a good job of feigning… Advice to Senior Management: My advice to the upper management would be to make sure that the people you promote to manager are truly management material. I would suggest… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on United Stationers.

Worked for United Stationers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at United Stationers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for United Stationers CEO P. Cody Phipps. All reviews posted anonymously by United Stationers employees.