United Stationers

www.unitedstationers.com
  www.unitedstationers.com
There are newer employer reviews for United Stationers

All the talent has left. most were run out...

Former Employee - GOM  in  Denver, CO
Former Employee - GOM in Denver, CO

I worked at United Stationers full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pay sometimes depends if you work at Lagasse ( bad pay) or United (good pay) It all started out good but as management got ahold of dept's things went to hell and in a hurry.

Cons

Management and H/R neither were very friendly. And you would thing that H/R was going to be a Dept. that you could trust. Yeah right. A bunch of back stabbers.

Be nice to people. And I can't believe I have to say this to the H/R Dept. but DITTO... be nice to people.

55 Other Employee Reviews for United Stationers (View Most Recent)

Tsk, tsk.

Former Employee - A Title is a Lose Term @ United  in  Orchard Park, NY
    Former Employee - A Title is a Lose Term @ United in Orchard Park, NY

I worked at United Stationers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They employee about 5,000 people. They have an excellent dedication to the community.

Cons

Cheap. Cheap with pay increases -not even the rate of inflation, benefits are less and less each year. Got rid of retirement plans. Moved to a PTO system rather than just plain old vacation/sick/personal time. They set unrealistic financial goals as an excuse for their frugal ways while still being able to look good to shareholders. They pride themselves on being a Fortune 500 company but consistantly are at the bottom of the list. United certainly is not a leader in the industry nor as employers. Systems are completely outdated and cumbersome. Not just for the employees, but for the poor customers trying to navigate! Respect levels towards hourly employees are little to none. They are treated as if they should be lucky to have jobs when in reality they drive this company and should be viewed and treated as valuable. It seems the less intelligent you are, the quicker you are able to move up the corporate ladder. Maybe that is because you are then more of a "bot"? (most of management won't even know what that means) I would bet my life all the really good ideas, processes and procedures came from hourly employees. But managers are not too dumb to take credit! Another reviewer stated the management feigns concern, and I believe that is true. It's as if they take classess because they all use the same mannerisms and verbiage. I guess the more apt you are to brown nose, be a superior's pet, whatever you want to call it, the more you can get away with and the less you need to be productive. Every company has cons. And it's just my opinion this one has more than the average.

Spend some money! Get with this century. Take the lead, stop being followers. You have subpar service), subpar systems, subpar attitudes, subpar intelligence. Strive to be the best of the best. Learn how to spell, speak and act like professionals. Meh, I could go on but honestly, I don't care and you probably have some makeup to put on, or food to eat, a golf date to make or a text to send.

Company Going Down Hill!

Current Employee - Customer Care  in  Suwanee, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Care in Suwanee, GA

I have been working at United Stationers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay and vacation/pto. Discount with Att&t or Verizon. In Suwanee, GA, Gwinnett County.

Cons

Management doesn't know what they are doing, all about service level, could care less about dealers/ customers as long as they make their goals. Understaffed since high turnover rate. Company is struggling to compete with prices with competitors. Used to be a fun place to work, NO where to move, no growth at all. Very easy job taking orders and returns.

Make it a fun place to work, value your employees! Customer care reps are who drive this company! Make them happy, don't stress them out. United should be like Zappos! Not a funeral home! Don't up prices in a middle of a quarter. Dealers are not stupid. Appreciate your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for United Stationers

Worked for United Stationers? Contribute to the Community!