United Stationers

www.unitedstationers.com
  www.unitedstationers.com
There are newer employer reviews for United Stationers

Got in with a great team and great supervisors

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at United Stationers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My supervisors have taken it upon themselves to make sure that I am maximizing my opportunities. Company is very supportive of work/life balance.

Cons

Compensation is low compared to other similar-sized companies in the area. Not an industry leader in terms of technology, but trying to get there. As with all companies, some politics and red tape.

59 Other Employee Reviews for United Stationers (View Most Recent)

Senior analyst programmer

Current Employee - Senior Analyst Programmer in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst Programmer in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at United Stationers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

work life balance is good.

Cons

salary is low. promotion possibilities are low.

Recongize internal talent and contributions. and promote them to higher designations.

Fortune 500 or Unfortunate INFINITY

I have been working at United Stationers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people around you are usually what keep you coming to your job. Somewhat job security if you fly under the radar and keep your mouth shut while making the same salary (or less) year after year (starting after Mr. Gochnauer left).

Cons

Pay has decreased over the years even though a "quarterly review" pie graph with some color try to convince you otherwise. They change to a more expensive (for the employee) health care offering (which charges you to have a spouse) and then send letters asking why their costs have increased more than yours have. Internal systems make the vendors that do business with them cringe at how archaic the processes are. Managers that are part of the "good 'ol boy" club and have no educational background are rewarded to move up in the company. People who stream YouTube and Pandora are rewarded; if not promoted regularly.

Listen to the front line defense of your company. The MBA professionals that you have hired are more figure heads than industry leaders. Don't let your ego get into the way of vendor and customer relationships. Creativity and entrepreneurship are the keys to success in our dwindling business.

There are newer employer reviews for United Stationers