United Stationers

www.unitedstationers.com

Overall, United is a good place to work with fair people in upper management.

Prefer Not to Answer (Former Employee) Deerfield, IL

ProsThe people I worked with tended to be friendly for the most part and I didn't experience a whole lot of big egos that are prevalent in so many office environments.

ConsThere wasn't a whole lot of opportunity for growth here unless you were in specific departments. The company was very compartmentalized and didn't have a lot off communication across departments. There were major disconnects between Product Management/Merchandising, Transportation, and Inventory Management with little to no collaboration between them. This lead to a lot of confusion and frustration. As an earlier reviewer had written, "all the talent has left" was somewhat true as a statement unfortunately. Many of the new hires coming on had little to no experience in the office supply world and made a lot of poor business decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more transparency across the various departments and more collaboration amongst them, especially when major decisions that affect multiples areas are the business are involved. This will help strengthen the company rather than cause resentments and good people to leave the company.

Rewarding and promising in the beginning

I have been working at United Stationers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Friendly senior leaders; outreach activities Cons: Hard to change jobs internally. Career advancement within the company… Advice to Senior Management: Act fast. Don't invest a lot on consultants to drive… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

csr

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at United Stationers full-time

Pros: job was close to home with good pay & good benefits. … Cons: A lot of favoritism, advancement is sometimes, because of employee management friendship and not… More
There are newer reviews on United Stationers.

Worked for United Stationers? Contribute to the Community!