United Supermarkets

www.unitedtexas.com
  www.unitedtexas.com
There are newer employer reviews for United Supermarkets

Working at a Market Street in Lubbock Texas

Current Employee - Cashier, Checker, Grocery, Frozen Food, and Dairy in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at United Supermarkets part-time (more than an year)

Pros

They Work Well With your Hours.
Friendly Staff.
Market Street is a upscale grocery store branch, this is where I worked.
It was also on the nice side of town in Lubbock, Texas.

Cons

The proprietor there was rude and did not care about the workers.
The managers were constantly changing due to the pace they were worked, and the stress put on them by upper management. During any holiday of the year they would be understaffed and hours would get ridiculous, if you worked in the grocery department like I did. I worked at this location for two years, saw the proprietor at least two times a week, for two years, and he never once remembered my name. He would have to look at my name tag before saying my name, every time, he would make eye contact and in a weird awkward way have to look down at my name tag before making eye contact again and saying my name.

If you are going to preach family values, then practice them in the work place. It felt very cold, and fake in this Market Street. The one off 98th and Quaker. The regular management was nice, but they were constantly cycled because they were over worked and left for other jobs. Out of the upper management, they were all pretty emotionless when it came to employees. It especially even to this day kills me when a 50-70 year old man or women asks to carry out my bags or push my cart? Are you serious, what kind of self respecting, two parent raised, god fearing American is going to let a senior citizen carry my food across the street when I should be walking them across the street? And the ones working at my store were getting paid just as much as the 17 years old kids. I would much rather you just pay them to sit in a room and relax at that age, heck at least give them a desk job and pretend to make them feel human and important. Don't preach Christian family values to me and then to that.

37 Other Employee Reviews for United Supermarkets (View Most Recent)

I would describe my time with the store as being OK.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

I have been working at United Supermarkets

Pros

You can work with wonderful people and towards a moral core value behind the store.

Cons

Depending on the store, management can be good or lackluster. At my store, the management was only OK. I did not feel challenged enough working in the store and some of the employees can be rude and childish.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Cashier in Amarillo, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Amarillo, TX

I have been working at United Supermarkets

Pros

They offer weekly pay. That's about all the pros.

Cons

Good-old-boy network reigns supreme here. If you want to get ahead, you'd better know someone.

There are newer employer reviews for United Supermarkets