United Technologies
www.utc.com Hartford, CT 5000+ Employees

Great intern experience

Intern (Current Employee)
Hartford, CT

I have been working at United Technologies as an intern for less than a year

ProsThe pay is great (almost unheard of for internships), and it is an invaluable learning experience. As an intern, I wasn't just treated as "the intern" and given mundane tasks, I was treated as a part of the team and trusted to take the lead on large assignments. My internship fully prepared me for my career. If you're a student looking for an internship or a student about to graduate, I highly recommend applying to an internship or Leadership Program (for recent grads) at UTC.

ConsUnited Technologies is a large company, and in certain areas there's not much room for growth. Since it's a great company, the turnover is very low. People spend their entire lives working for UTC, which makes it difficult to move up.

Manager

I have been working at United Technologies

Pros: opportunity to work on a lot of different things Cons: bureaucracy makes it difficult to get things done Advice to Senior Management: Value people More

lean in the true sense of the word

Design Engineer (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at United Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros: interesting projects, lots to do, lots to learn nice people competitive pay… Cons: -constant layoffs even in busy times -restrictive work schedules (most production groups don't allow alternate work weeks, and 'core… Advice to Senior Management: lighten up a bit and make working a little more… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on United Technologies.

Worked for United Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at United Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for United Technologies CEO Louis R. ChĂȘnevert. All reviews posted anonymously by United Technologies employees.