There are newer employer reviews for United Technologies

Great first career experience as a college graduate

Former Employee - Financial Leadership Program
Former Employee - Financial Leadership Program

I worked at United Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Develop and grow career with experience in a lot of different areas. I was in the finance rotation program which gave me the opportunity to travel and experience different departments within finance and travel internationally.

Cons

Didn't always get the rotation or job that you wanted and some corporate politics. Communication with upper management wasn't always clear.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Crazy management

I have been working at United Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is good, some people are very talented

Cons

Bullying is rampant -particularly one EhS vp at CCS. HR focuses on promoting themselves - heaven forbid the should have to do anything for an employee. Ethics policy "selectively" enforced.

Advice to Management

Look at how some of your executives act. It is disgraceful.

2. This is a company with good pay and benefits but lots of corporate red tape.

Current Intern - Intern
    Current Intern - Intern

I have been working at United Technologies as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

The company tends to provide decent benefits and competitive pay. I found I enjoyed working with the majority of the employees and worked in a comfortable environment. My current supervisors are well qualified and are very logical and reasonable.

Cons

The starting vacation allotted for full time employees is low but buying extra is an option. There is a lot of red tape for even standard work. There are many career advancement opportunities at many locations but it may be necessary to work more than several years at the company to be promoted.

Advice to Management

As a ground level employee I would like to criticize a lot of the decisions and changes currently being made in the company and how rapidly large project decisions are attempted, but I understand how most of the decisions will benefit the company as a whole financially. Although the smoke and mirrors strategy being used to keep employees feeling secure in there jobs ends up making employees nervous about their employment anyway. The meetings with upper management seem like they are being used to instill security in the employees but are leading to a distrust and disconnect between the ground level employees and upper management.