There are newer employer reviews for United Technologies

This is a company with good pay and benefits but lots of corporate red tape.

Current Intern - Intern
Current Intern - Intern

I have been working at United Technologies as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

The company tends to provide decent benefits and competitive pay. I found I enjoyed working with the majority of the employees and worked in a comfortable environment. My current supervisors are well qualified and are very logical and reasonable.

Cons

The starting vacation allotted for full time employees is low but buying extra is an option. There is a lot of red tape for even standard work. There are many career advancement opportunities at many locations but it may be necessary to work more than several years at the company to be promoted.

Advice to Management

As a ground level employee I would like to criticize a lot of the decisions and changes currently being made in the company and how rapidly large project decisions are attempted, but I understand how most of the decisions will benefit the company as a whole financially. Although the smoke and mirrors strategy being used to keep employees feeling secure in there jobs ends up making employees nervous about their employment anyway. The meetings with upper management seem like they are being used to instill security in the employees but are leading to a distrust and disconnect between the ground level employees and upper management.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I have been working at United Technologies

Pros

Only thing would be pay based on area. Since buy out from UTC the employee scholar program seems to be a good thing.

Cons

Females are definitely overlooked except when it comes to sexual remarks and harassment. Been here 8 years and been sexually harassed twice and only thing done was moved around.

Advice to Management

Human Resources are overpaid and do nothing except lie to your face. Tell you what you want to her most of the time and never make good on any promises. Would not recommend any female to work there.

2. Very relaxed, comfortable working environment.

Former Intern - Intern in Syracuse, NY
    Former Intern - Intern in Syracuse, NY

I worked at United Technologies as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed environment.
    Good management.
    Pressure when needed from superiors.

Cons

Sometimes I felt it may have been a little too result driven.
    More management may have helped motivate on occasion.