United Way

www.liveunited.org

A fantastic organization of committed individuals doing important work.

Director Business Development (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsA relaxed but professional environment, surrounded by passionate individuals who are collectively working hard to make a significant difference to the community they live in.

ConsUnited Way could benefit from an increase in cross departmental collaboration. Often times the individual departments have limited interaction/contact with each other and this leads to a lack of understanding/mistrust of the important roles played by each department.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on clear communication of organization direction to all employees and continue to facilitate inter-departmental collaboration.

Loved working for the public; disliked the Executive director.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Austin, MN

I worked at United Way full-time

Pros: Not a good experience dealing in a non profit setting. Cons: Unprofessional office attitude. Favoritism and disability harrassment. Couldn't wait to leave. Verbal… Advice to Senior Management: Take a closer look at how the other non profits who… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very dull, averse to change and when a change leader arrived he was a terrible leader

Resource Development Manager (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

I worked at United Way full-time for more than a year

Pros: Some talented and very selfless individuals working there Cons: IT department was in the dark ages. The leadership… Advice to Senior Management: Hire a legitimate HR department and implement change management best… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on United Way.

Worked for United Way? Contribute to the Community!