There are newer employer reviews for United Way

United Way of Greater Cincinnati

Former Employee - Senior Admin Assistant in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Senior Admin Assistant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at United Way full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wonderful place to work and the reward for doing so much good is priceless!

Cons

Would like to have more involvement from companies around Cincinnati, Northern KY and Indiana.

Continue to stay strong and succeed.

209 Other Employee Reviews for United Way (View Most Recent)

United Way HQ is big disaster

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at United Way full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good mission and purpose. UWW provides lots of $ to local communities all around the world. Benefits are okay. Free parking. I was really excited when I got the job. if I was in graduate school, working at UWW would make for a great case study.

Cons

CEO gets paid 750,000 a year. He says his job is to plan ahead five years. But, in the last five years, he has reorganized UWW 3 times. in the most recent re-org (11/2012) 60 people lost their jobs and none of those were executive management. Career paths don't exist in an organization that continually destroys itself. Morale, as you can imagine, is horrible. Directors treat staff terribly and VPs turn a blind eye to blatant mismanagement because they are afraid to lose their jobs. "Rules" are enforced erratically often due to favoritism and cliques. I wish I could say more.

Pick a plan and stick with it. Manage your people. Pay attention. Listen to your staff. Provide more professional development opportunities and ensure that good and loyal employees have career paths.

Good place to work, a bit caddy

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Deer Park, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Deer Park, NY

I have been working at United Way as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Te office is a Friendly environment and people did not grumble when they came into the office as I've seen in other offices. the work is interesting, and it is great to have work that benefits the community

Cons

Employees did not seem very motivated to do their best while on the job, and took a lot of breaks hanging around. Little incentive to strive for excellence.

Motivate employees and create a more cohesive environment between management and lower level employees

There are newer employer reviews for United Way