United Way
www.liveunited.org Alexandria, VA 150 to 499 Employees

D

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at United Way full-time for more than a year

ProsMany colleagues were truly passionate about helping their communities, and were caring and devoted to their work. I met people I am proud to have as lifelong friends.

ConsI believe the experience comes down to the Senior Management of the local United Way where one is employed. The head of UW where I worked had no idea how to treat, motivate or respect employees. Also, new initiaitves were constantly being started with no regard as to the resources available to make those initiatives successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the turnover rate. Most employees leave jobs because of trouble with their bosses. I left the organization just a few years ago and there are only a handful of people left that I worked with. Turnover is costly to morale and to achieving objectives but the head in our organization did not seem to recognize that.

Great place for a job, not a career.

Atlanta, GA

I have been working at United Way full-time

Pros: Benefits, flexibility and laid back atmosphere. Cons: No opportunities for advancement and salary. Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees better. More

The work was interesting and challenging.

Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee)
Sacramento, CA

I worked at United Way full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The salary level is good. Cons: They have a senior vice president who is a complete control… Advice to Senior Management: Do not allow management level ;personnel so much power with… More

There are newer reviews on United Way.

Worked for United Way? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at United Way reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for United Way CEO Brian A. Gallagher. All reviews posted anonymously by United Way employees.