UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Frustrating experience, computer systems don't work well, not web based

Current Employee - Team Lead in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Team Lead in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

The building is really nice
Regular, dependable paycheck
Poor healthcare benefits are better than no benefits

Cons

Company always talks about transformation but never tells the employees what is really going on until the moment the changes go into effect. They never discuss the goals or the "big picture" with us and instead engage in a lot of corporate double-talk when discussing "transformation". Mgmt is very critical over workers loads even though team members have not been replaced for some time.

You spend so much time and resources training us on your many computer systems, why don't you treat us better, better benefits, reward our strong work (while understaffed) and talk to us straight up about the "transformation" without all that corporate double-talk ... Tell us what's really going on.

2332 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Great pay and benefits for you, horrible work environment depending on department

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

I can say that I love the amount I get paid, and I have good benefits. The parties are great as well, as the President is the one who coordinates. However, he has no idea of how some of his directors treat employees, and on what ground people are promoted.

Cons

If your manager likes you - you're a shoe-in!!! If you do your work quickly (never mind the mistakes - someone else may be able to cover them up depending on who you are) - you're a shoe-in!!! If you kiss major booty and act like you know everything without actually knowing anything and can pass the buck every chance you get and take the credit - YOU ARE A SHOE-IN!

Basically, be as fake as possible. Also, the benefits are only great for employees - your family cannot be covered for a reasonable amount unless you are a Director or Senior Management. But that may be any job today...

Pay more attention to your hourly employees as a WHOLE. Not just surveys. People are afraid to speak up because they can be blackballed for disagreeing.

optum

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Tampa, FL

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

time flexibility and opportunities are better. Managers are nice and work environment is quite positive. everyone working together as team

Cons

Communications between the employee , hire managment and the decision makers is tough. this will lead lot of misss understanding and stess

Please make sure when you take a decision how that effect employees and what their manager promises to employees for

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group