There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Overall very negative, sad, disappointing and glad to have left on my own.

Current Employee - Case Manager (RN) in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Case Manager (RN) in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Pay. Good location from where I live. Easy parking.

Cons

No respect for employees unless you have a brown nose. Intelligent thought not welcome. Just sit down, shut up, meet your metrics (even if you cheat to do it). Big brother was always watching, even checking your drawers and paperbasket after you left for the night. Intrusive. Intimidating. No support from HR for issues. Health Benefits stink, very very expensive. Supervisors and low level management poorly prepared. Lack skills and knowledge. Many barely able to speak grammatically correct English (yes, they were born and raised in the US). Again, butt kissing gets one where they want, doing a great job unimportant for getting ahead. Politcally correct culture, insensible, not of consistency, humaneness and caring for employees or consumers. Poor Poor enviorment for learning. Repeatedly remined in staff meetings not to go above supervisors head or out of own team for answers to questions.

I'm not sure you can be helped. You are constantly losing great, educated, hard working talent due to the lack of decent lower management. You are unassessable.

reviews filtered by

Frustrating experience, computer systems don't work well, not web based

Current Employee - Team Lead in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

The building is really nice
    Regular, dependable paycheck
    Poor healthcare benefits are better than no benefits

Cons

Company always talks about transformation but never tells the employees what is really going on until the moment the changes go into effect. They never discuss the goals or the "big picture" with us and instead engage in a lot of corporate double-talk when discussing "transformation". Mgmt is very critical over workers loads even though team members have not been replaced for some time.

You spend so much time and resources training us on your many computer systems, why don't you treat us better, better benefits, reward our strong work (while understaffed) and talk to us straight up about the "transformation" without all that corporate double-talk ... Tell us what's really going on.

Great pay and benefits for you, horrible work environment depending on department

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

I can say that I love the amount I get paid, and I have good benefits. The parties are great as well, as the President is the one who coordinates. However, he has no idea of how some of his directors treat employees, and on what ground people are promoted.

Cons

If your manager likes you - you're a shoe-in!!! If you do your work quickly (never mind the mistakes - someone else may be able to cover them up depending on who you are) - you're a shoe-in!!! If you kiss major booty and act like you know everything without actually knowing anything and can pass the buck every chance you get and take the credit - YOU ARE A SHOE-IN!

Basically, be as fake as possible. Also, the benefits are only great for employees - your family cannot be covered for a reasonable amount unless you are a Director or Senior Management. But that may be any job today...

Pay more attention to your hourly employees as a WHOLE. Not just surveys. People are afraid to speak up because they can be blackballed for disagreeing.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group