UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com
  www.unitedhealthgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Overall very negative, sad, disappointing and glad to have left on my own.

Current Employee - Case Manager (RN) in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Case Manager (RN) in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Pay. Good location from where I live. Easy parking.

Cons

No respect for employees unless you have a brown nose. Intelligent thought not welcome. Just sit down, shut up, meet your metrics (even if you cheat to do it). Big brother was always watching, even checking your drawers and paperbasket after you left for the night. Intrusive. Intimidating. No support from HR for issues. Health Benefits stink, very very expensive. Supervisors and low level management poorly prepared. Lack skills and knowledge. Many barely able to speak grammatically correct English (yes, they were born and raised in the US). Again, butt kissing gets one where they want, doing a great job unimportant for getting ahead. Politcally correct culture, insensible, not of consistency, humaneness and caring for employees or consumers. Poor Poor enviorment for learning. Repeatedly remined in staff meetings not to go above supervisors head or out of own team for answers to questions.

I'm not sure you can be helped. You are constantly losing great, educated, hard working talent due to the lack of decent lower management. You are unassessable.

2170 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

optum

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Tampa, FL

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

time flexibility and opportunities are better. Managers are nice and work environment is quite positive. everyone working together as team

Cons

Communications between the employee , hire managment and the decision makers is tough. this will lead lot of misss understanding and stess

Please make sure when you take a decision how that effect employees and what their manager promises to employees for

Frustrating experience, computer systems don't work well, not web based

Current Employee - Team Lead in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

The building is really nice
    Regular, dependable paycheck
    Poor healthcare benefits are better than no benefits

Cons

Company always talks about transformation but never tells the employees what is really going on until the moment the changes go into effect. They never discuss the goals or the "big picture" with us and instead engage in a lot of corporate double-talk when discussing "transformation". Mgmt is very critical over workers loads even though team members have not been replaced for some time.

You spend so much time and resources training us on your many computer systems, why don't you treat us better, better benefits, reward our strong work (while understaffed) and talk to us straight up about the "transformation" without all that corporate double-talk ... Tell us what's really going on.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group