UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com
  www.unitedhealthgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

A great company in which to start an actuarial career in California.

Former Employee - Actuarial Intern in Cypress, CA
Former Employee - Actuarial Intern in Cypress, CA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

The people are laid back, the work is reasonable, and people generally seem happy. The training I was given was excellent, and everything else I needed I learned on the job. People in the firm were very friendly, and always willing to help each other out when there were questions or problems. Despite having multiple buildings spread over several blocks, there was a sense of collegiality and employees made efforts to go to lunch with coworkers in other offices.

Cons

The firm is very large so you may get lost in bureaucracy. Also, since the work you do is usually part of a much larger goal or objective, it is easy to lose sight of the larger picture.

I think having more transparency about where the company is going would be useful.

2170 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Enable others to act

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cypress, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cypress, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Top performance company. Okay benefits and salary. Easy to move up. There are quarterly vital surveys that survey all employee input. Leadership tries to celebrate the uniqueness and high performers but it's usually not done in a very motivating fashion. There is an innovative and creative atmosphere that encourages teams to question processes.

Cons

Metrics driven. Not employee friendly. New leadership makes it difficult to trust leadership at this time. We are experiencing a number of layoffs and management changes that tends to alienate and discourage employees. A lot of the benefits have been taken away. Holidays have been minimized. With new metrics and productivity tools employees are micromanaged.

Encourage management to communicate to the very bottom of the food rank.

Probably one of the better health insurance companies to work for if you want to be in that field

I worked at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Big company with decent benefits

Cons

You could get lost in the crowd

Listen to the regions. They may have a better way of doing things than just standardizing everything.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group